Broad-Based Tax Relief
House Bill 7061 delivers tax relief to families and businesses across the state, with sales tax holidays for the upcoming hurricane season, school year, and outdoor activities. The bill also provides relief for affordable housing properties and items that support independent living.
Improving Florida’s Unemployment System
The Senate passed SB 50 by Senator Gruters to prevent unexpected tax hikes on Florida businesses and replenish Florida’s Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund.
- Florida Legislature Launches Joint Redistricting Website and Map Drawing Application September 22, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Ileana Garcia to Preside over Senate Committee on Children, Families, and Elder Affairs September 21, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- La Senadora Ileana García va Presidir Comité Senatorial de Asuntos de Niños, Familias y Personas Mayores September 21, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- Senator Ileana Garcia, Miami River Commission and South Florida Law Enforcement Continue Collaboration to Prioritize Boating Safety September 20, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- Senadora Ileana García, el Miami River Commission, y policía del Sur de Florida Continúan Colaboración en Priorizar la Seguridad Náutica September 20, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- Senator Farmer Recalls the Love and Legacy of His Mother Jo Ann Farmer Upon Her Passing September 10, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- Republican Caucus Meeting (pdf) September 9, 2021 - Publication by President's Office
- Joint Statement from President Simpson and Speaker Sprowls on Florida Realtors Suspending Housing Ballot Initiative September 8, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office