Broad-Based Tax Relief
House Bill 7061 delivers tax relief to families and businesses across the state, with sales tax holidays for the upcoming hurricane season, school year, and outdoor activities. The bill also provides relief for affordable housing properties and items that support independent living.
Improving Florida’s Unemployment System
The Senate passed SB 50 by Senator Gruters to prevent unexpected tax hikes on Florida businesses and replenish Florida’s Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund.
- State Senator Gary Farmer Letter to Surgeon General Scott Rivkees RE: Executive Order 21-175 (pdf) August 3, 2021 - Publication by Senator Farmer
- Senator Farmer Calls on Florida’s Surgeon General to Stand Up to Governor’s Overreach and Dangerous Misinformation August 3, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- Statement from President Simpson on Masking in Schools July 30, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Broward County Senator Gary Farmer Defends School Mask Mandate July 30, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- Statement from Senate Majority Leader Debbie Mayfield on Governor’s Executive Action to Safeguard Parental Rights July 30, 2021 - Press Release by Majority Office
- Senator Farmer Calls For Protection of County and Local Responses to COVID-19 Pandemic July 29, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- Senator Linda Stewart to Visit Manatee Rescue Center at SeaWorld July 27, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Farmer Honored by Florida Nurses Association with Legislative Champion Award July 23, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Farmer