- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Duties of Department of Management Services.
112.665 Duties of Department of Management Services.--
(1) The Department of Management Services shall:
(a) Gather, catalog, and maintain complete, computerized data information on all public employee retirement systems or plans in the state, based upon a review of audits, reports, and other data pertaining to the systems or plans;
(b) Receive and comment upon all actuarial reviews of retirement systems or plans maintained by units of local government;
(c) Cooperate with local retirement systems or plans on matters of mutual concern and provide technical assistance to units of local government in the assessment and revision of retirement systems or plans;
(d) Issue, by January 1 annually, a report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, which report details division activities, findings, and recommendations concerning all governmental retirement systems. The report may include legislation proposed to carry out such recommendations;
(e) Issue, by January 1 annually, a report to the Special District Information Program of the Department of Community Affairs that includes the participation in and compliance of special districts with the local government retirement system provisions in s. 112.63 and the state-administered retirement system provisions as specified in part I of chapter 121; and
(f) Adopt reasonable rules to administer the provisions of this part.
(2) The department may subpoena actuarial witnesses, review books and records, hold hearings, and take testimony. A witness shall have the right to be accompanied by counsel.
History.--s. 19, ch. 79-183; s. 7, ch. 84-254; s. 34, ch. 89-169; s. 49, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 24, ch. 94-249; s. 24, ch. 99-255; s. 14, ch. 2000-169.