- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Power of eminent domain.
180.22 Power of eminent domain.--
(1) Any municipality or private company or corporation authorized to carry into effect any or all of the purposes defined in this chapter may exercise the power of eminent domain over railroads, traction and streetcar lines, telephone and telegraph lines, all public and private streets and highways, drainage districts, bridge districts, school districts, and any other public or private lands or property whatsoever necessary to enable the accomplishment of the purposes of this chapter.
(2) Any municipality which exercises its power under this section outside of its corporate boundaries for the accomplishment of the purposes of this chapter may finance such extraterritorial project in any manner in which it is presently authorized by law to finance a like project within its corporate boundaries.
History.--s. 16, ch. 17118, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 3100(21); s. 1, ch. 78-198.