- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Dispute resolution process.
186.509 Dispute resolution process.--Each regional planning council shall establish by rule a dispute resolution process to reconcile differences on planning and growth management issues between local governments, regional agencies, and private interests. The dispute resolution process shall, within a reasonable set of timeframes, provide for: voluntary meetings among the disputing parties; if those meetings fail to resolve the dispute, initiation of voluntary mediation or a similar process; if that process fails, initiation of arbitration or administrative or judicial action, where appropriate. The council shall not utilize the dispute resolution process to address disputes involving environmental permits or other regulatory matters unless requested to do so by the parties. The resolution of any issue through the dispute resolution process shall not alter any person's right to a judicial determination of any issue if that person is entitled to such a determination under statutory or common law.
History.--s. 15, ch. 84-257; s. 1, ch. 92-182; ss. 35, 38, ch. 93-206.