- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Special districts; creation, dissolution, and reporting requirements; charter requirements.
189.4031 Special districts; creation, dissolution, and reporting requirements; charter requirements.--
(1) All special districts, regardless of the existence of other, more specific provisions of applicable law, shall comply with the creation, dissolution, and reporting requirements set forth in this chapter.
(2) Notwithstanding any general law, special act, or ordinance of a local government to the contrary, any independent special district charter enacted after the effective date of this section shall contain the information required by s. 189.404(3). Recognizing that the exclusive charter for a community development district is the statutory charter contained in ss. 190.006-190.041, community development districts established after July 1, 1980, pursuant to the provisions of chapter 190 shall be deemed in compliance with this requirement.
History.--s. 4, ch. 89-169; s. 5, ch. 97-255; s. 30, ch. 99-378.