- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Designation of registered office and agent.
189.416 Designation of registered office and agent.--
(1) Within 30 days after the first meeting of its governing board, each special district in the state shall designate a registered office and a registered agent and file such information with the local governing authority or authorities and with the department. The registered agent shall be an agent of the district upon whom any process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served upon the district may be served. A registered agent shall be an individual resident of this state whose business address is identical with the registered office of the district. The registered office may be, but need not be, the same as the place of business of the special district.
(2) The district may change its registered office or change its registered agent, or both, upon filing such information with the local governing authority or authorities and with the department.
History.--s. 10, ch. 79-183; s. 15, ch. 81-167; s. 23, ch. 89-169; s. 18, ch. 97-255.
Note.--Former s. 189.004.