2004 Florida Statutes
Plan of operation.
631.916 Plan of operation.--The board of directors shall prepare and submit to the department a plan of operation and any amendments to the plan which are necessary or suitable to assure the fair, reasonable, and equitable administration of the corporation. The plan of operation and any amendments to the plan shall become effective unless disapproved in writing by the department within 30 days after receipt. If the corporation fails to submit a plan of operation within 90 days after the appointment of the new board, the department shall implement a plan of operation which will be effective until the board submits a plan of operation. The plan of operation prepared by the board is subject to periodic review by the department. All member insurers shall comply with the approved plan of operation. The plan of operation must, in addition to the requirements enumerated elsewhere in this part:
(1) Establish procedures for handling the assets of the corporation.
(2) Establish regular places and times for meetings of the board of directors.
(3) Establish procedures for keeping records of all financial transactions of the corporation, its agents, and the board of directors.
(4) Establish procedures for levying and collecting assessments and deficiency surcharges.
(5) Establish procedures to allow injured workers to make claims and to adjust and pay such claims.
(6) Establish additional provisions necessary or proper for executing the powers and duties of the association.
History.--s. 20, ch. 97-262.