- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2016 Florida Statutes
489.1401 Legislative intent.—
(1) It is the intent of the Legislature that actions taken by the Construction Industry Licensing Board with respect to contractor sanctions and pursuant to this chapter are an exercise of the department’s regulatory power for the protection of public safety and welfare.
(2) It is the intent of the Legislature that the sole purpose of the Florida Homeowners’ Construction Recovery Fund is to compensate an aggrieved claimant who contracted for the construction or improvement of the homeowner’s residence located within this state and who has obtained a final judgment in a court of competent jurisdiction, was awarded restitution by the Construction Industry Licensing Board, or received an award in arbitration against a licensee on grounds of financial mismanagement or misconduct, abandoning a construction project, or making a false statement with respect to a project. Such grievance must arise directly out of a transaction conducted when the judgment debtor was licensed and must involve an act enumerated in s. 489.129(1)(g), (j), or (k).
(3) It is the intent of the Legislature that Division I and Division II contractors set apart funds for the specific objective of participating in the fund.
History.—s. 2, ch. 2004-84; s. 4, ch. 2016-129.