2016 Florida Statutes
632.604 Terms used.—Whenever used in this chapter:
(1) “Benefit contract” means the agreement for provision of benefits authorized by s. 632.617, as that agreement is described in s. 632.621(1).
(2) “Benefit member” means an adult member who is designated by the laws or rules of the society to be a benefit member under a benefit contract.
(3) “Certificate” means the document issued as written evidence of the benefit contract.
(4) “Premiums” means premiums, rates, dues, or other required contributions, by whatever name known, which are payable under the certificate.
(5) “Laws” shall mean the society’s articles of incorporation, constitution and bylaws, however designated.
(6) “Rules” shall mean all rules, regulations, or resolutions adopted by the supreme governing body or board of directors which are intended to have general application to the members of the society.
(7) “Society” shall mean fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise indicated.
(8) “Lodge” shall mean subordinate member units of the society, known as camps, courts, councils, branches, or by any other designation.
History.—ss. 4, 6, ch. 86-140; s. 4, ch. 91-429.