- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
477.012 Purpose.—The Legislature deems it necessary in the interest of public health to regulate the practice of cosmetology in this state. However, restrictions shall be imposed only to the extent necessary to protect the public from significant and discernible danger to health and not in a manner which will unreasonably affect the competitive market. Further, consumer protection for both health and economic matters shall be afforded the public through legal remedies provided for in this act.
History.—s. 1, ch. 78-253; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 35, 36, ch. 85-297; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 16, ch. 2000-332.