2017 Florida Statutes
(1) The following are confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution, when held by the Department of Elderly Affairs in connection with a complaint filed and any subsequent investigation conducted pursuant to this part, unless the disclosure is required by court order:
(a) Personal identifying information of a complainant or ward.
(b) All personal health and financial records of a ward.
(c) All photographs and video recordings.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in this section, information held by the department, is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution until the investigation is completed or ceases to be active, unless the disclosure is required by court order.
(3) This section does not prohibit the department from providing such information to any law enforcement agency, any other regulatory agency in the performance of its official duties and responsibilities, or the clerk of the circuit court pursuant to s. 744.368.
(4) The exemption under this section applies to all documents received by the department in connection with a complaint before, on, or after July 1, 2017.
(5) This section is subject to the Open Government Sunset Review Act in accordance with s. 119.15 and shall stand repealed on October 2, 2022, unless reviewed and saved from repeal through reenactment by the Legislature.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2017-176.