2017 Florida Statutes
257.015 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Department” means the Department of State.
(2) “Depository library” means a library that has been designated as a depository for receiving state publications in accordance with s. 257.05(3).
(3) “Division” means the Division of Library and Information Services of the Department of State.
(4) “Secretary” means the Secretary of State.
(5) “State Librarian” means the person appointed by the secretary as the director of the Division of Library and Information Services pursuant to s. 257.031.
(6) “State publication” means a publication created under the authority of or at the total or partial expense of a state official, state department, state board, state court, or state agency, or that is required to be publicly distributed pursuant to state law. The term includes a publication containing information about the state and its government which is culturally and historically significant to researchers and the general public. The term does not include a publication that is created only for internal use of a state official, state department, state board, state court, or state agency.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2005-207; s. 1, ch. 2015-117.