- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2018 Florida Statutes
459.005 Rulemaking authority.—
(1) The board has authority to adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of this chapter conferring duties upon it.
(2) A physician who performs liposuction procedures in which more than 1,000 cubic centimeters of supernatant fat is removed, level 2 procedures lasting more than 5 minutes, and all level 3 surgical procedures in an office setting must register the office with the department unless that office is licensed as a facility under chapter 395. The department shall inspect the physician’s office annually unless the office is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or an accrediting organization subsequently approved by the Board of Osteopathic Medicine. The actual costs for registration and inspection or accreditation shall be paid by the person seeking to register and operate the office setting in which office surgery is performed.
History.—ss. 1, 6, ch. 79-230; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 27, 29, ch. 86-290; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 121, ch. 98-200; s. 101, ch. 99-397; s. 4, ch. 2009-198; s. 7, ch. 2010-211; s. 95, ch. 2012-184.