- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2018 Florida Statutes
450.012 Definitions.—For the purpose of this chapter, the word, phrase, or term:
(1) “Farm work” includes all agricultural labor performed upon farms.
(2) “Farm” includes stock, dairy, poultry, fruit, fur-bearing animal, and truck farms; ranches; nurseries; and orchards.
(3) “Child” or “minor” means any person 17 years of age or younger, unless:
(a) The person is or has been married;
(b) The person’s disability of nonage has been removed by a court of competent jurisdiction;
(c) The person is serving or has served in the Armed Forces of the United States;
(d) It has been found by a court having jurisdiction over the person that it is in the best interest of such minor to work and the court specifically approves any employment of such person, including the terms and conditions of such employment; or
(e) The person has graduated from an accredited high school or holds a high school equivalency diploma.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
(5) “Entertainment industry” means any group, entity, organization, or individual, in which the services of any minor are rendered in any capacity in conjunction with any motion picture, television, video, audio, theatrical, or still photography, using any format whether now existing or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, theatrical film, commercial, documentary, television, radio, and/or cable, by any medium, whether now existing or hereafter developed, including theater, television, audiocassette, or videocassette; legitimate theaters or photography; recording; modeling; theatrical productions or publicity; rodeos; circuses; musical performances; or any other performances where minors perform.
History.—s. 1, ch. 75-195; s. 3, ch. 81-192; s. 35, ch. 83-174; s. 8, ch. 91-147; s. 25, ch. 95-345; s. 135, ch. 2000-165; s. 61, ch. 2002-194.