- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
Posting of a sign stating that the sale of tobacco products to persons under 18 years of age is unlawful; enforcement; penalty.
THE SALE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS TO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS AGAINST FLORIDA LAW. PROOF OF AGE IS REQUIRED FOR PURCHASE.
THE SALE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS, NICOTINE PRODUCTS, OR NICOTINE DISPENSING DEVICES TO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS AGAINST FLORIDA LAW. PROOF OF AGE IS REQUIRED FOR PURCHASE.
A dealer that uses a sign as described in this subsection meets the signage requirements of subsection (1) and s. 877.112.
IF YOU WERE NOT BORN BEFORE THIS DATE
(insert date and applicable year)
YOU CANNOT BUY TOBACCO PRODUCTS.
Upon approval by the division, in lieu of a calendar a dealer may use card readers, scanners, or other electronic or automated systems that can verify whether a person is of legal age to purchase tobacco products. Failure to comply with the provisions contained in this subsection shall result in imposition of administrative penalties as provided in s. 569.006.