CS/CS/SB 400: Support of Dependents
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Children and Families ; Horne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Mitchell ; Sanderson ; Sullivan ; Smith ; Burt ; Bronson ; Peaden ; Lee ; Crist ; Cowin
Support of Dependents; provides alternative punishment for nonsupport of dependents; provides felony penalty for fourth or subsequent violations; provides for amount of restitution due; provides requirements re certain evidence; provides for satisfaction of element of notice under certain circumstances. Amends 827.06.
Last Action: 5/23/2001 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-51
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children and Families; Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Public Safety and Judiciary; Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Children and Families; Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Public Safety and Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 00031; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 03/09/01, 9:00 am, 37-S
• CS by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00137; CS read first time on 03/14/01 -SJ 00146
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00137
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/26/01, 3:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00240
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Public Safety and Judiciary -SJ 00240
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Public Safety and Judiciary, 04/03/01, 3:00 pm, 42-S
• CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Public Safety and Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00305; CS read first time on 04/11/01 -SJ 00332
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 00305
• Withdrawn from Appropriations with subcommittee recommendation -SJ 00313; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00395; Read second time -SJ 00386; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00386; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00386
• Read third time -SJ 00421; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00421
• In Messages
• Received, placed on Calendar, on second reading -HJ 00961
• Substituted for HB 349 -HJ 01288; Read second time -HJ 01288; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01288
• Read third time -HJ 01855; CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 5 -HJ 01855
• In returning messages
• Concurred -SJ 01490; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01490; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01490
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-51
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.