CS/CS/SB 870: Construction/Prompt Payment Act
GENERAL BILL by Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs ; Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Webster ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Peaden ; Posey ; Lee ; Sanderson
Construction/Prompt Payment Act; redefines terms "proper invoice," "local government entity," "purchase," & "construction services" & defines terms "payment request" & "agent" for purpose of Florida Prompt Payment Act; provides for disputed payment requests; provides for payment of undisputed amounts; revises provisions re procedures for calculation of payment due dates; revises provisions re mandatory interest, etc. Amends 218.72,.73,.735,.74,.75,.76.
Last Action: 6/6/2001 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-169
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs -SJ 00057
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 03/14/01, 12:15 pm, 37-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00149; CS read first time on 03/16/01 -SJ 00180
• Now in Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs -SJ 00149
• On Committee agenda-- Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs, 03/27/01, 2:00 pm, 309-C
• CS/CS by- Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00271; CS read first time on 03/29/01 -SJ 00273
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00272
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00285; Read second time -SJ 00297; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00297; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00297
• Read third time -SJ 00315; CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00315
• In Messages
• Received, placed on Calendar, on second reading -HJ 00649
• Substituted for CS/HB 113 -HJ 01343; Read second time -HJ 01343
• Read third time -HJ 01822; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01822
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00964
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-169
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.