CS/CS/SB 1454: Social Services
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Comprehensive Planning ; Atwater ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dawson ; Bennett ; Geller ; Peaden ; Fasano ; Lee ; Clary ; Campbell ; Saunders ; Siplin ; Bullard ; Klein ; Aronberg ; Wilson ; Crist
Social Services; creates "Local Funding Revenue Maximization Act"; provides for administrative costs; removes Tallahassee Community College as sole contract provider for child welfare training academies; provides for continuation of privatization of foster care & related services; provides for custody determination & placement of unaccompanied refugee minors, etc. Amends Chs. 402, 409, 39.202, 937.021.
Last Action: 6/12/2003 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2003-146; See also CS/CS/SB 2446 (Ch. 2003-131)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Comprehensive Planning; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 00078
• On Committee agenda-- Comprehensive Planning, 03/12/03, 9:00 am, 412-K
• CS by Comprehensive Planning; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00189; CS read first time on 03/18/03 -SJ 00220
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00189
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 03/26/03, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00263; Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 00263
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/10/03, 3:00 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00427; CS read first time on 04/23/04 -SJ 00522
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 00427
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 00502; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00616; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00616; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00623
• Read third time -SJ 00661; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00661; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00661
• In Messages
• Received, placed on Calendar -HJ 00804
• Substituted for HB 475 -HJ 00899; Read second and third times -HJ 00899; CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 00899
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01057
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2003-146; See also CS/CS/SB 2446 (Ch. 2003-131)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.