CS/CS/SB 2212: Public Service Commission [RPCC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Communications and Public Utilities ; Communications and Public Utilities
Public Service Commission [RPCC]; Revises the deadline for a sitting member of the Public Service Commission to give notice of intent to seek reappointment. Renames the Committee on Public Service Commission Oversight, a standing joint committee of the Legislature, as the "Committee on Public Counsel Oversight." Deletes the committee's authority to recommend to the Governor nominees to fill vacancies on the Public Service Commission, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7135 (Ch. 2008-227)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7046 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2212) by Communications and Public Utilities; Filed
• Referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Ethics and Elections; General Government Appropriations; Rules -SJ 00181
• Introduced -SJ 00181
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 03/19/08, 1:00 pm, 301-S
• CS by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00288; CS read 1st time on 03/20/08 -SJ 00328
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Remaining references corrected to General Government Appropriations -SJ 00360; Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00360
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/10/08, 2:30 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00619; CS read 1st time on 04/16/08 -SJ 00632
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00589
• Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7135 (Ch. 2008-227)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.