CS/SB 1676: Sovereign Immunity
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Thrasher ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Oelrich
Sovereign Immunity; Provides that specified provisions relating to sovereign immunity for health care providers do not apply to certain affiliation agreements or contracts to provide certain comprehensive health care services. Provides that certain colleges and universities that own or operate a medical school or any of its employees or agents providing patient services pursuant to a contract with a teaching hospital are agents of the teaching hospital and are immune from certain liability for torts, etc.
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 190
• Introduced -SJ 189
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 323
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 470
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 489
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 605
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 734
• Amendment(s) adopted (271574) -SJ 734
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 734
• Reconsidered -SJ 737
• Recalled from Engrossing -SJ 737
• Read 3rd time -SJ 737
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 737
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1104
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/11
• Received -HJ 1104
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1110
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1110
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 8 -HJ 1110
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-219
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.