CS/SB 1744: Abortions
GENERAL BILL by Health Regulation ; Storms ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Oelrich
Abortions; Requires that an ultrasound be performed on a woman obtaining an abortion. Requires that the ultrasound be reviewed with the patient before the woman gives informed consent for the abortion procedure. Requires that the woman certify in writing that she declined to review the ultrasound and did so of her own free will and without undue influence. Provides an exemption from the requirement to view the ultrasound for women who are the victims of rape, incest, domestic violence, or human trafficking or for women who have a serious medical condition, etc.
Last Action: 5/4/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1127 (Ch. 2011-224) -SJ 791
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Budget -SJ 198
• Introduced -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Regulation; YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -SJ 408
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Budget
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 415
• Now in Rules
• CS by Health Regulation read 1st time -SJ 412
• Remaining references corrected to Budget; Rules -SJ 461
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 672
• Now in Rules
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 672
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11 -SJ 712
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 791
• Amendment(s) adopted (730184) -SJ 791
• Substituted CS/HB 1127 -SJ 791
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1127 (Ch. 2011-224) -SJ 791
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.