CS/SJR 2: Health Care Services
JOINT RESOLUTION by Budget ; Haridopolos ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Wise ; Gaetz ; Dean ; Benacquisto ; Hays ; Fasano ; Bennett ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Oelrich ; Negron ; Storms ; Evers ; Flores ; Simmons ; Jones ; Gardiner ; Garcia ; Alexander ; Latvala ; Altman ; Thrasher ; Detert ; Norman ; Richter ; Dockery ; Bogdanoff
Health Care Services; Proposes an amendment to the State Constitution to prohibit laws or rules from compelling any person or employer to purchase, obtain, or otherwise provide for health care coverage. Permits a person or an employer to purchase lawful health care services directly from a health care provider. Permits a health care provider to accept direct payment from a person or an employer for lawful health care services, etc.
Bill Text: | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 12/08/10, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -SJ 117
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/11/11, 1:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 117
• Now in Budget -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/23/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Budget; YEAS 16 NAYS 4 -SJ 118
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 118
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/11
• Introduced -SJ 15
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 109
• Read 2nd time -SJ 13
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 158
• CS passed; YEAS 29 NAYS 10 -SJ 159
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 768
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 768
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• Substituted for CS/CS/HJR 1 -HJ 814
• Read 2nd time -HJ 814
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 843
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 969
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1132
• CS passed; YEAS 80 NAYS 37 -HJ 1133
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.