SB 404: Transition-to-adulthood Services
GENERAL BILL by Wise
Transition-to-adulthood Services; Provides legislative intent concerning transition-to-adulthood services for youth in the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ). Provides for eligibility for services for youth served by the DJJ who are legally in the custody of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Provides that an adjudication of delinquency does not disqualify a youth in foster care from certain services from the DCFS. Creates the College-Preparatory Boarding Academy Pilot Program for dependent or at-risk students, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 38
• Introduced -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 308
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 308
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice (585488); YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 725
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/05/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/06/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1278, 1282
• Amendment(s) adopted (462252) -SJ 1285
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1286
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 1286
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar
• Received -HJ 1557
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1558
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1559
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 1 -HJ 1559
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 1848
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-236
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.