CS/SJR 1056: Homestead Property Tax Exemption for Surviving Spouse of Military Veteran or First Responder
JOINT RESOLUTION by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Norman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sachs
Homestead Property Tax Exemption for Surviving Spouse of Military Veteran or First Responder; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to allow the Legislature by general law to provide ad valorem homestead property tax relief to the surviving spouse of a military veteran who died from service-connected causes while on active duty or a surviving spouse of a first responder who died in the line of duty, provide definitions with respect thereto, and provide an effective date, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 86
• Introduced -SJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 01/26/12, 3:45 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 301
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 305
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 301
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/06/12, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 325
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/20/12, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• Now in Budget -SJ 523
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 534
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/28/12, 11:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 699
• Now in Budget -SJ 699
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 907
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1171
• Substituted CS/HJR 93 -SJ 1173
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 93 (Passed), CS/HB 95 (Ch. 2012-54) -SJ 1173
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.