CS/CS/SB 1058: Homestead Property Tax Exemptions
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax ; Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Norman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sachs
Homestead Property Tax Exemptions; Citing this act as the "Fallen Heroes Family Tax Relief Act"; exempting from taxation the homestead property of the surviving spouse of a first responder who dies in the line of duty; providing definitions for “first responder” and “line of duty”; providing construction with respect to the applicable tax roll and the date of death, etc. APPROPRIATION: $100,302
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 95 (Ch. 2012-54), CS/HJR 93 (Passed) -SJ 1173
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 86
• Introduced -SJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 01/26/12, 3:45 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 301
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 305
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 301
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/06/12, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 325
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/20/12, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• Now in Budget -SJ 523
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 534
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/28/12, 11:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 722
• Now in Budget -SJ 722
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 723
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 907
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1173
• Substituted CS/HB 95 -SJ 1173
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 95 (Ch. 2012-54), CS/HJR 93 (Passed) -SJ 1173
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.