CS/SB 2048: Department of Children and Family Services
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Department of Children and Family Services; Changing the name of the department to the “Department of Children and Families”; requiring that the department be geographically organized into circuits and regions; revising provisions relating to the establishment of the department; revising the services provided by the department and abolishing the program offices; deleting provisions providing an exemption from competitive bids for certain health services; amending provisions relating to the service areas of the Department of Health; amending provisions relating to the State Office on Homelessness within the Department of Children and Families, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1229 (Ch. 2012-84), HB 5003 (Ch. 2012-119) -SJ 1671
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• SPB 7048 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2048) by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 266
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/25/12, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 266
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/07/12, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 348
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 348
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 355
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 501
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Withdrawn from Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; Budget -SJ 956
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 956
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1671
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1229 -SJ 1671
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1229 (Ch. 2012-84), HB 5003 (Ch. 2012-119) -SJ 1671
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.