CS/SB 716: Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Simpson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Bradley ; Hays ; Ring ; Evers ; Benacquisto ; Dean ; Gibson ; Detert ; Richter ; Soto ; Garcia ; Sachs ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Sobel
Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices; Authorizing a civil penalty for a person who willfully uses a deceptive or unfair trade act or practice against a military service member or the member’s spouse or child in certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2013-210) -SJ 603
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/07/13, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 52
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 156
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/18/13, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 230
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 230
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 232
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/15/13, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 476
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 476
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 602
• Amendment(s) adopted (908522) -SJ 603
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1223 -SJ 603
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2013-210) -SJ 603
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.