CS/CS/HB 909: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Wood
Property Insurance; Amends provisions relating to Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund; revises exemption of medical malpractice insurance premiums from emergency assessments if certain revenues are determined to be insufficient to fund obligations, costs, & expenses of Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund & Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corporation; exempts Citizens Property Insurance Corporation from exchange of business limitations & restrictions when placing business with authorized insurers; revises restrictions on public adjuster compensation, payment, commission, fee, or any other thing of value; provides that certain residential structures are not eligible for coverage by corporation after specified dates; requires creation of clearinghouse program within corporation; requires Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund & Citizens Property Insurance Corporation to each submit reports annually to Legislature & Financial Services Commission relating to aggregate net probable maximum losses, financing options, & potential assessments, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1770 (Ch. 2013-60), SB 1850 (Ch. 2013-61)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 93
• Introduced -HJ 93
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/28/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 406
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 401
• Original reference(s) removed: Civil Justice Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 413
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 413
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 686
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 677
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 701
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 880
• Amendment(s) adopted (764133) -HJ 897
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 934
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 989
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1036
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1770 (Ch. 2013-60), SB 1850 (Ch. 2013-61)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.