CS/CS/SB 754: Certificates of Title
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Banking and Insurance ; Bradley
Certificates of Title; Revising the required statement that is stamped on a certificate of title upon issuance of the certificate; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to provide a report regarding certificates of title for rebuilt motor vehicles; revising requirements for the department to declare certain mobile homes and motor vehicles unrebuildable and to issue a certificate of destruction; requiring an owner of, or an insurance company for, a motor vehicle that is worth less than a specified amount or is above a certain age to obtain a certificate of destruction under certain circumstances; providing a criminal penalty, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Transportation (TR)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Transportation -SJ 61
• Introduced -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/19/14, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 318
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 320
• Now in Transportation -SJ 318
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 04/03/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Transportation; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 460
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 460
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/14
• CS/CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 462
• Read 2nd time -SJ 495
• Amendment(s) adopted (860498) -SJ 495
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 495
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 574
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 574
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 706
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• Received -HJ 706
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 7063 -HJ 772
• Read 2nd time -HJ 772
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 796
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 1 -HJ 797
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 778
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-181
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.