CS/HB 491: Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program
GENERAL BILL by Health Quality Subcommittee ; Pafford ; Gonzalez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Pigman ; Rader ; Richardson ; Rodriguez, J. ; Rooney ; Saunders ; Waldman ; Watson, C. ; Williams
Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program; Designates act as "Miami-Dade Infectious Disease Elimination Act (IDEA)"; requires DOH to establish pilot program in Miami-Dade County; provides for administration by DOH or designee; provides that distribution of needles & syringes under pilot program does not violate Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention & Control Act or any other law; provides conditions under which pilot program staff member or participant may be prosecuted; requires report by OPPAGA.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 02/18/14, 9:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 159
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 41
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/25/14, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 345
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 345
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/04/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 475
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 475
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/10/14, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 508
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 508
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.