HB 5101: Education Funding
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Fresen
Education Funding; Requiring deposit of a certain amount of funds into a separate account within the Public Education Capital Outlay and Debt Service Trust Fund; requiring the Office of Technology and Information Services in the Department of Education to develop a plan for establishing digital classrooms; providing that charter schools are entitled to the Florida digital classrooms allocation; providing for the transfer of the Florida Virtual Campus resources, agreements, and contracts to the University of West Florida; creating the Florida National Merit Scholar Incentive Program, etc.
Last Action: 6/2/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-56, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2014-51)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 324
• Introduced -HJ 302
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/26/14, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 1 -HJ 388
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 388
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 433
• Amendment(s) adopted (686071) -HJ 434
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 446
• Passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 5 -HJ 447
• Immediately certified -HJ 452
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -HJ 452
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 417
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 417
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 417
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 417
• Substituted for SB 852 -SJ 418
• Read 2nd time -SJ 418
• Amendment(s) adopted (324342) -SJ 418
• Read 3rd time -SJ 428
• Passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 428
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 428
• Immediately certified -SJ 428
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Fresen (Chair), Adkins, Ahern, Fitzenhagen, Nunez, Perry, Raburn, Stone, Clarke-Reed, Castor Dentel, Reed, Taylor, Baxley (At Large), Coley (At Large), Gonzalez (At Large), Holder (At Large), O'Toole (At Large), Schenck (At Large), Workman (At Large), Young (At Large), Gibbons (At Large), Rouson (At Large), Thurston (At Large), Waldman (At Large), Williams, A. (At Large), Jones, M. (At Large) -HJ 555, 575
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee: Negron (Chair), Benacquisto (Vice Chair), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Margolis (At Large), Richter (At Large), Smith (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice: Bradley (Chair), Altman, Clemens, Diaz de la Portilla, Evers, Joyner; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education: Galvano (Chair), Abruzzo, Bullard, Detert, Legg, Montford, Sachs, Simmons, Thrasher; Appropriations Conference Committee on General Government: Hays (Chair), Brandes, Braynon, Dean, Simpson, Soto, Stargel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services: Grimsley (Chair), Bean, Flores, Garcia, Gibson, Sobel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development: Gardiner (Chair), Hukill, Latvala, Lee, Margolis, Ring, Thompson -SJ 430
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1068
• Conference Committee Report adopted (583651) -HJ 1078
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 107 NAYS 8 -HJ 1079
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1377
• Conference Committee Report adopted (583651) -SJ 1389
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 39 NAYS 1 -SJ 1389
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1324
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-56, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2014-51)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.