CS/CS/SB 522: Involuntary Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predators
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Grimsley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Detert ; Abruzzo
Involuntary Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predators; Authorizing and requiring a state attorney to refer certain persons for civil commitment under certain circumstances; requiring the agency with jurisdiction over a person who has been convicted of a sexually violent offense to give written notice to the multidisciplinary team as soon as practicable after receipt into custody of such person in a county or municipal jail facility; providing for certain released persons to be taken into custody by the Department of Children and Families; requiring the Department of Corrections to collect recidivism information and include the information in their annual report, etc.
Last Action: 4/2/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-2, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 524 (Ch. 2014-3)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/14/14, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/04/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 139
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/14
• Introduced -SJ 43
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 123
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 124
• Read 2nd time -SJ 10
• Amendment(s) adopted (630788, 674890, 867354, 956028, 966784) -SJ 11
• Read 3rd time -SJ 12
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 12
• Immediately certified -SJ 10
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 198
• Received -HJ 198
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• Substituted for CS/HB 7019 -HJ 222
• Read 2nd time -HJ 222
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 260
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 260
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 316
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 351
• Approved by Governor -SJ 374
• Chapter No. 2014-2, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 524 (Ch. 2014-3)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.