CS/SB 524: Sexually Violent Predators
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Sobel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Detert
Sexually Violent Predators; Citing this act as the "Protecting Our Children and Adults from Sexual Predators Act"; requiring the Department of Children and Families to provide training to the members of the multidisciplinary team; requiring the multidisciplinary team to provide the state attorney with a written assessment and recommendation as to whether a person meets the definition of a sexually violent predator within specified timeframes; requiring Florida College System institutions, state universities, and career centers to inform students and employees of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement sexual predator and sexual offender registry website and toll-free telephone number, etc.
Last Action: 4/2/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-3, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 522 (Ch. 2014-2)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/14/14, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/04/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 139
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/14
• Introduced -SJ 44
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 124
• Read 2nd time -SJ 12
• Amendment(s) adopted (765100, 831902) -SJ 12
• Read 3rd time -SJ 13
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 13
• Immediately certified -SJ 10
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 199
• Received -HJ 198
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 7021 -HJ 222
• Read 2nd time -HJ 222
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 261
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 261
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 316
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 351
• Approved by Governor -SJ 374
• Chapter No. 2014-3, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 522 (Ch. 2014-2)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.