CS/CS/HB 561: Attorneys for Dependent Children with Special Needs
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Fresen
Attorneys for Dependent Children with Special Needs; Requires appointment of attorney to represent dependent child who meets one or more specified criteria; requires that, if one is available, attorney who is willing to represent child without additional compensation be appointed; requires appointment in writing; requires that appointment continue in effect until attorney is allowed to withdraw or is discharged by court or until case is dismissed; requires that attorney not acting in pro bono capacity be adequately compensated for services & have access to funding for certain costs; provides for financial oversight by Justice Administrative Commission; provides limit on attorney fees; requires DCF to develop procedures to identify dependent children who qualify for an attorney.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/19/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 160
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 47
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/02/14, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 456
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 456
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/11/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 546
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 543
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 607
• Amendment(s) adopted (584549) -HJ 608
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 638
• Amendment(s) adopted (220335) -HJ 638
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 638
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 627
• Received -SJ 627
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 799
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 799
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 972 -SJ 799
• Read 2nd time -SJ 799
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 808
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 808
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 903
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-227
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.