The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/SB 766: Surveillance by a Drone
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Hukill
Surveillance by a Drone; Prohibiting a person, a state agency, or a political subdivision from using a drone to capture an image of privately owned real property or of the owner, tenant, occupant, invitee, or licensee of such property with the intent to conduct surveillance without his or her written consent if a reasonable expectation of privacy exists; authorizing the use of a drone by a person or entity engaged in a business or profession licensed by the state in certain circumstances, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 84
• Introduced -SJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/10/15, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/17/15, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/24/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 259
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 269
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 383
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 465
• Amendment(s) adopted (641840) -SJ 465
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 465
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 575
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 575
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 847
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Received -HJ 847
• Read 2nd time -HJ 862
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 649 -HJ 862
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 881
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 882
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 703
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-26
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.