CS/SB 1536: Public Records/Florida RICO Act Investigations
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Flores
Public Records/Florida RICO Act Investigations; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for certain documents and information held by an investigative agency pursuant to an investigation relating to an activity prohibited under the Florida RICO Act; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7061 (Ch. 2015-99) -SJ 611
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 143
• Introduced -SJ 143
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/23/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/30/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 260
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 276
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 260
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/07/15, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 372
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 372
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 611
• Substituted HB 7061 -SJ 611
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7061 (Ch. 2015-99) -SJ 611
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.