CS/SB 226: Racing Animals
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel
Racing Animals; Revising the prohibition on the use of certain medications or substances on racing animals; authorizing the Division of Pari-mutuel Wagering within the Department of Business and Professional Regulation to solicit input from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; requiring the division to notify the owners or trainers, stewards, and the appropriate horsemen’s association of all drug test results; expanding violations to include prohibited substances that break down during a race found in specimens collected after a race, etc.
Last Action: 4/2/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 239 (Ch. 2015-88) -SJ 341
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Agriculture (AG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Agriculture; Appropriations -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/18/15, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Agriculture -SJ 159
• Introduced -SJ 47
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 03/10/15, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Agriculture; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/18/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 226
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/15
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 341
• Substituted CS/HB 239 -SJ 341
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 239 (Ch. 2015-88) -SJ 341
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.