CS/CS/SB 228: Online Voter Application
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Ethics and Elections ; Clemens ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Richter
Online Voter Application; Requiring the Division of Elections of the Department of State to develop an online voter registration system; requiring the division to conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of the online voter registration system; requiring the system to compare information submitted online with Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles records; requiring the division to report to the Legislature regarding online voter registration implementation by a specified date, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,800,000
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 47
• Introduced -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/17/15, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 226
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 226
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 228
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 427
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 667
• Read 3rd time -SJ 667
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 3 -SJ 667
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 865
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/15
• Received -HJ 865
• Substituted for HB 7143 -HJ 877
• Read 2nd time -HJ 877
• Amendment(s) adopted (290701) -HJ 877
• Read 3rd time -HJ 877
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 9 -HJ 877
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (290701) -SJ 757
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 3 -SJ 757
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 757
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-36
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.