CS/CS/SB 318: Guardianship Proceedings
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Diaz de la Portilla ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Detert ; Sobel ; Stargel
Guardianship Proceedings; Revising the qualifications of an agent in the execution of power of attorney to include certain not-for-profit corporations; providing that a for-profit corporation may act as guardian of a person under certain circumstances; directing the court to specify authority for health care decisions with respect to a ward’s advance directive; directing the court to consider certain factors when determining incapacity; providing additional powers and duties of a guardian, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 5 (Ch. 2015-83), CS/HB 7 (Ch. 2015-84) -SJ 664
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 52
• Introduced -SJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/10/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Fiscal Policy
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 212
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 192
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 201
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 351
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 600
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 600
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 600
• Read 2nd time -SJ 664
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 5 -SJ 664
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 5 (Ch. 2015-83), CS/HB 7 (Ch. 2015-84) -SJ 664
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.