CS/CS/SB 338: Engineers
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Regulated Industries ; Altman
Engineers; Prohibiting a person who is not licensed as an engineer or a structural engineer from using specified names and titles or practicing engineering or structural engineering; exempting certain persons from the licensing requirements; providing licensure and application requirements for a structural engineer license; providing various acts which constitute grounds for disciplinary action against a structural engineer, to which penalties apply, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2015 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 469
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 54
• Introduced -SJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/11/15, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 192
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 202
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 380
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 469
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 217 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 469
• Laid on Table -SJ 469
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.