CS/HB 35: Out-of-State Fee Waivers for Veterans and Dependents
GENERAL BILL by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Stark ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Campbell ; Cummings ; Fullwood ; Lee ; Murphy ; Renner ; Watson, C.
Out-of-State Fee Waivers for Veterans and Dependents; Revises Congressman C. W. "Bill" Young Veteran Tuition Waiver Program to include out-of-state fee waivers for certain individuals receiving specified federal educational benefits.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7028 (Ch. 2015-76) -HJ 693
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 9
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee, 03/03/15, 4:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 9
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 170
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 122
• Now in Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 180
• On Committee agenda-- Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 223
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 223
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/24/15, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 304
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 304
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/01/15, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 364
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Substituted SB 7028 -HJ 693
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7028 (Ch. 2015-76) -HJ 693
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.