CS/HB 4011: Motor Vehicle Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Goodson
Motor Vehicle Insurance; Revises terms "motor vehicle insurance" & "policy" to remove exclusions for policies that insure more than four automobiles from provisions regulating insurance rates & cancellation or nonrenewal of motor vehicle insurance contracts.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/04/15, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 133
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 131
• Introduced -HJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/05/15, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 130
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 182
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 182
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/17/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 244
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 257
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 257
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 278
• Received -SJ 278
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 298
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 298
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 234 -SJ 298
• Read 2nd time -SJ 298
• Read 3rd time -SJ 298
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 298
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 423
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-158
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.