CS/SB 7018: State Ombudsman Program
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
State Ombudsman Program; Revising legislative intent with respect to citizen ombudsmen; deleting references to ombudsman councils and transferring their responsibilities to representatives of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program; revising the duties and authority of the state ombudsman; requiring the state ombudsman to designate and direct program districts; providing conditions under which a representative of the program could be found to have a conflict of interest, etc.
Last Action: 5/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-31, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1001 (Ch. 2015-126)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/05/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 146
• Introduced -SJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 03/11/15, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 194
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 194
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 386
• Read 2nd time -SJ 417
• Amendment(s) adopted (253522) -SJ 417
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 417
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 487
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 487
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 678
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Received -HJ 678
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 293 -HJ 742
• Read 2nd time -HJ 742
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 789
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 790
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 657
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-31, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1001 (Ch. 2015-126)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.