CS/SB 830: Regulation of Corporation Not for Profit Self-insurance Funds
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Simmons
Regulation of Corporation Not for Profit Self-insurance Funds; Revising the requirements to form a corporation not for profit self-insurance fund; limiting the authorization to form such fund to corporations not for profit located in and organized under the laws of this state before a specified date; authorizing certain publicly supported organizations to be a participating member of a corporation not for profit self-insurance fund; specifying requirements for such members; requiring the Office of Insurance Regulation to review and take specified action against funds that do not meet certain requirements, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Commerce and Tourism
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Fiscal Policy -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/04/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/10/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/17/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/23/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 259
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/13/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Died in Commerce and Tourism
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.