CS/CS/HB 917: Cattle Market Development Act
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee ; Combee ; Albritton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cummings ; Drake ; Goodson ; Mayfield ; Raburn ; Smith
Cattle Market Development Act; Renames Beef Market Development Act as Cattle Market Development Act & Florida Beef Council, Inc., as Cattle Enhancement Board, Inc.; removes provision that deems cow & nursing calf sold together as one unit; removes provisions authorizing the Cattle Enhancement Board to hold referenda on per-head-of-cattle assessments & collect & refund such assessments; removes provisions requiring that the Cattle Enhancement Board develop new uses for beef products & improve methods for distribution of such products; revises terms & appointments of governing board members; provides for commissioner to appoint governing board members; removes provisions requiring board to maintain communication with certain industry representatives; removes provisions to maintain certain financial reserves & to appoint advisory groups; revises scheduled date of repeal of act.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Agriculture
Bill Text: PDF
- Agriculture (AG)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Introduced -HJ 76
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 03/10/15, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 217
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 215
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 222
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/24/15, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 295
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 295
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/26/15, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 433
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 621
• Amendment(s) adopted (272667) -HJ 621
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 663
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 664
• In Messages
• Referred to Agriculture; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 512
• Received -SJ 512
• Died in Agriculture
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.