SB 146: Federal Student Loan Default Rates
GENERAL BILL by Ring ; Gaetz
Federal Student Loan Default Rates; Requiring certain institutions to maintain a federal student loan cohort default rate below a specified percentage; revising the minimum standards the Commission for Independent Education must use to evaluate an institution for licensure to include the institution’s federal student loan cohort default rate; requiring Florida College System institution performance funding for industry certifications to take into consideration an institution’s federal student loan cohort default rate, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 10/20/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 11/17/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 124
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 12/03/15, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 14
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.