The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 357: Traffic Safety on State Roads
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Ports Subcommittee ; Plasencia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jacobs
Traffic Safety on State Roads; Creates Chloe's Law; requires DOT to install roadside barriers to shield water bodies contiguous with state roads; requires DOT to conduct study related to motor vehicle accidents on state roads contiguous with water bodies; requires DOT to submit report to Legislature.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7061 (Ch. 2016-239)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Ports Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 32
• Introduced -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Ports Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 10:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Transportation and Ports Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 384
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Transportation and Ports Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 380
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 394
• Died in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7061 (Ch. 2016-239)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.