CS/CS/HB 563: Public Assistance
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Drake ; Eagle ; McBurney ; Metz ; Renner ; Smith ; Tobia
Public Assistance; Revises eligibility guidelines for Relative Caregiver Program; requires DCF to impose replacement fee for EBT cards; revises penalties for noncompliance with work requirements for temporary cash assistance; limits receipt of child-only benefits during periods of noncompliance; requires DCF to refer sanctioned participants to appropriate community services; revises consideration of income from illegal or ineligible noncitizen family members in determining eligibility for temporary cash assistance; requires DEO to develop & implement work plan agreement for participants in temporary cash assistance program. APPROPRIATION: $879,680.00
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in returning Messages
Location: In returning messages from Senate
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 49
• Introduced -HJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/20/16, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -HJ 257
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 254
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 261
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 364
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/09/16, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 459
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 456
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 462
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 631
• Amendment(s) adopted (386609) -HJ 632
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 660
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 82 NAYS 33 -HJ 660
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 587
• Received -SJ 587
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 715
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 715
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 750 -SJ 715
• Read 2nd time -SJ 715
• Amendment(s) adopted (707276) -SJ 715
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 737
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 738
• In returning messages
• Temporarily postponed, on Senate message list -HJ 955
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.