CS/CS/HB 1163: Insurer Regulatory Reporting
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Hager
Insurer Regulatory Reporting; Requires insurer to maintain risk management framework; provides requirements for preparation & submission of an own-risk & solvency assessment summary report; provides exemptions & waivers; requires certain insurers & members of an insurance group to prepare & submit corporate governance annual disclosure; requires initial corporate governance annual disclosure to be submitted to OIR by specified date; authorizes office to require an insurer or insurance group to provide corporate governance annual disclosure; specifies requirements for preparing & annually filing corporate governance annual disclosure; specifies privilege requirements & prohibitions for certain filings & related documents; authorizes OIR to retain third-party consultants for certain purposes; authorizes FSC to adopt rules; revises provisions relating to penalties to conform to act; provides for contingent repeal of act; provides for contingent effect.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1422 (Ch. 2016-206), CS/CS/SB 1416 (Ch. 2016-205) -HJ 885
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 97
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 201
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/25/16, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 289
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 304
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/16/16, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 462
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 462
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/25/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 605
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 603
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 1422 -HJ 885
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1422 (Ch. 2016-206), CS/CS/SB 1416 (Ch. 2016-205) -HJ 885
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.